WELCOME TO R. E. WEST TRANSPORTATION
FAMILY OWNED, A TEAM OF TEAMS, CUSTOMER DRIVEN
We are an interstate and intrastate truckload carrier based in Middle Tennessee. Our team of dedicated and professional drivers work with our experienced operations team to transport all types of freight to points across the United States and Canada. Our customers are the boss; we go where they need us.
IN TODAY'S BUSINESS WORLD...
It is a fast paced and highly competitive environment. Affordable, reliable, on-time delivery of your product is crucial to your company's success. At R. E. West, our motto is, "Be on time, every time". We are here to make transportation and logistics a solved problem for your organization. We accomplish this by offering amazing, personalized customer service, competitive pricing, and a commitment to the highest level of reliability and safety for our drivers and equipment.
BIG ENOUGH TO MATTER.
SMALL ENOUGH TO CARE.
R. E. West's fleet is comprised of 127 late-model tractor trailers that serve both dry van and over-dimensional applications. Our mix of equipment allows us to be flexible and rapidly respond to the unique challenges and opportunities that every load brings. At the same time, our size affords our team the ability to connect with each other and our customers on a personal level. In our offices people have names, not employee ID numbers. We strive to create a work environment where the people matter and everyone is treated as family.
The West Companies are dedicated to being:
- The provider and employer of choice in the markets we serve.
- The most credible, flexible, creative, and active player in the commercial ground transportation business.
The mission of the West Companies is to offer affordable ground transportation solutions to businesses by providing responsive personnel, superior equipment, accurate and timely information and value added support services in a friendly, flexible environment.
The West Companies, a Team of Teams, believes we will accomplish our mission and achieve our vision by:
- Developing long-term partnerships with our customers, vendors, and employees based on honesty, integrity, and mutual respect.
- Maintaining financial stability through profitable operations.
- Negotiating in good faith, then doing what we say.
- Listening to our customers and responding to their needs.
- Contributing our resources in the support of community and charitable endeavors.
- Providing opportunities to our employees for their professional growth.
- Proactively identifying problems and opportunities, finding creative solutions and learning from our experiences.
- Working hard and having fun.
- Fostering innovation and flexibility to insure our future success.
- Most importantly, we firmly believe that the attitude, character and enthusiasm of our employees will enable us to accomplish our goals.
Partnering with SmartWay for a better tomorrow
R. E. West, Inc. is a proud member of the U.S. EPA SmartWay Transport Program. Developed jointly in early 2003 by EPA and Charter Partners represented by industry stakeholders, environmental groups, American Trucking Associations, and Business for Social Responsibility, this innovative program celebrated its 10 year anniversary in 2014. Partners rely upon SmartWay tools and approaches to track and reduce emissions and fuel use from goods movement. The Partnership currently has over 3,000 Partners including shipper, logistics companies, truck, rail, barge, and multimodal carriers.
R. E. West and other SmartWay partners contribute to the annual savings of approximately 248.9 million barrels of oil, $33.4 billion in fuel costs and 119 million tons of air pollutants. This is the equivalent of the annual electricity use in 16 million homes.
In 2019, R. E. West was honored to be recognized for achieving a high performance ranking as a SmartWay Mixed Truck Carrier. Our participation in the SmartWay Transport Partnership is a demonstration of our strong commitment to environmental leadership and corporate responsibility.