Your Opportunity Has Arrived
We are always looking for individuals who want to bring their best to the R. E. West team. As a family-owned, private carrier, we emphasize the importance of our drivers to our overall success. Being on time, being safe, and bringing a friendly, motivated attitude are the three main tenants that are stressed to our entire team of trucking professionals. Positions are available in our Van division as well as our Heavy Haul & Flatbed division. Van drivers deal with dry freight of all kinds (excluding house-hold goods). The Heavy Haul & Flatbed division deals predominantly with the transporting of new agricultural, construction, mining, and earthmoving equipment as well as air conditioners, cooling towers, fabricated steel products, and concrete & asphalt plants/equipment. Don't let a lack of experience hold you back! We offer an outstanding entry-level program to help inexperienced drivers get their careers started out in the right direction.
How To Get Started
This page serves as your guide to the hiring process at R. E. West. First, take a look at the qualifications we expect all applicants to meet. Next, read through the description of the job requirements, pay, and benefits package. Finally, read through our Hiring Road Map and get the ball rolling by downloading and filling out an application. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our friendly and professional recruiting staff by calling (888) 443 WEST.
Driver Hiring Qualifications
To qualify as an R. E. West, Inc. driver, you must meet or exceed the following:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a completed application on file
- Have at least one year of verifiable driving experience
- Possess a current Class A commercial driver's license, with Hazardous endorsement, from the state in which you reside
- Have no DUI convictions on your driving record in the last 5 years
- Pass a physical examination by our Company-specified doctor
- Pass a drug test
- Successfully complete a company-administered road test
- Meet all DOT qualifications
- Have no felony convictions
- Have no misdemeanors in the last 10 years
- No more than three jobs in the past 12 months
- No more than 3 preventable accidents in the past 3 years
- No serious moving violations (i.e. following too close, erratic driving, etc..) in the past 3 years
R. E West, Inc. issues driver settlements weekly. Pay is on a two-week holdback. This means that at the end of your third week of employment you will receive payment for the first week.
- We do allow our drivers reasonable personal advances.
- Any out of pocket expenses (such as tolls, scale tickets, lumper pay, etc..) are reimbursed if a driver turns in receipts. Additionally, advances for expenses are issued at the discretion of our driver managers.
Benefits and Company Policies
R. E. West prides itself on offering an industry leading benefits package for our drivers. Drivers meeting all requirements have access to:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with 5% match
- Driver of the Month Incentive Program
- Driver Referral Program
R. E. West has a NO PET policy for our company owned trucks.
Drivers who are in good standing and have been out of training for 90 days may have a rider accompany them. The rider must be 10 years of age or older. Only one rider is allowed at a time and the driver must pay an additional $20 / month to cover the cost of additional insurance.
Hiring Road Map
Becoming employed by R. E. West is an easy three step process. By reading through the following steps and making sure you meet the qualifications listed earlier, you will help expedite the process. Remember, our recruiting staff is always happy to answer your questions and provide help throughout the hiring process; you can reach them at (888) 443 WEST (9378).
Step 1: Apply
The first step to gainful employment with R. E. West is to fill out and submit an application. All R. E. West Employees must have a completed application in their file. There are three ways to apply:
- Download and print an application from this web site. The application can be found by clicking the "Application" link at the top of the page. Please fax your completed application to the fax number listed at the top of your application.
- Apply in person. You are welcome to come into any of our facilities and fill out an application. Applications are available at all three of our middle TN offices; helpful recruiters are available at the Lebanon location.
- Apply with our independent contracted recruiters. R. E. West has recruiting personnel ready to assist you in El Paso, TX and Middleville, MI. Please contact (888) 443 WEST for more information.
Step 2: Interview
Once we receive and process your application, an R. E. West recruiter will contact you to setup a personal interview. This interview is an extremely important part of the hiring process. It allows us to learn a little about you. More importantly, this interview is an excellent opportunity for you to learn about R. E. West. We recommend taking a few moments and writing down any questions you may have coming into the interview. Feel free to include your spouse in this interview process; in fact, we recommend it!
After the necessary background checks, paperwork, and interview have been completed; our recruiting staff will complete a final evaluation of your application. Pending approval, a recruiter will call you to schedule your orientation and start date.
Step 3: Orientation
Your employment will begin after successful completion of our 1 day orientation. The following is a list of items you will need to bring with you to orientation. All these items are needed to complete the hiring process and get you out on the road so it is very important to bring ALL of them with you to orientation.
Items to bring to Orientation
- Your Driver's License and Social Security Card
- Supporting documentation as requested by the recruiter
- Voided personal check for payroll account
- Spouse and dependant children's social security number(s) and birth date(s) for insurance purposes
- A CERTIFIED COPY of your Birth Certificate
- Your Passport. If you don't currently have a passport, we will begin the process of obtaining one at your orientation. We are in the process of requiring all of our drivers to acquire a valid U.S. Passport.
- DOT Physical Card
Your orientation concludes the hiring process.